Practice Complaints Procedure
Patient feedback is important to us as it helps us to improve the service we provide to patients. We take patient complaints seriously and will attempt to address and resolve your concerns.
How do I complain?
Please choose one of the following options:
- Telephone the surgery on 01636 704378 and ask to speak to the Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager.
- If you are in the practice, ask to see the Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager who will be pleased to talk to you if they are available to do so. If they are not available, you may ask to see the reception supervisor who will be happy to hear your complaint.
- Fill in a complaints form Complaints Form and post it back to the practice, deliver it back by hand or email to the practice email account nshccg.C84019@nhs.net .
What Happens Next?
- If you speak to the Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager face-to-face or on the telephone, every effort will be made to resolve your complaint within 24 hours. The Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager will inform you if further investigations are necessary, in which case you will receive a letter once the investigation is complete.
- If you send in a written complaint, this will be acknowledged within 3 working days. If further investigations are needed, you will be informed at this time. You will then receive a further letter when investigations are complete.
Who are the managers?
Lisa – Practice Manager
Stacey - Assistant Practice Manager
Catherine – Reception Supervisor
The Responsible GP for complaints is Dr Mark Folman
How do I complain to someone Independent?
We would prefer to have the opportunity to answer complaints ourselves in the first instance. However, you may pass your complaint directly to:
NHS England Customer Contact Centre
PO BOX 16738
Tel 0300 311 2233
Is there a time limit?
A complaint must be made within 12 months of the date of the incident that caused the problem or the date of discovering the problem.
Please remember, the quicker you complain, the easier it will be to investigate the facts.
Other useful contacts
- The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offer confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters. They provide a point of contact for patients, their families and their carers.
You can contact PALS on 01636 685692 or by writing to:
Newark Hospital, Boundary Road, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 4DE
- POhWER, NHS Complaints Advocacy, on 0300 020 0093. For more information see their website www.pohwer.net